ASSRA Ruger #1

No. 1 and No. 3
c.robertson

ASSRA Ruger #1

Post by c.robertson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 am

New member here.
Just purchased #82 of 100 produced number one's for the ASSRA. (American Single Shot Rifle Association) The ASSRA was strongly promoted by Bill Ruger and made these actions only available throught that organization to charter members with matching membership number.
My question is, do they have any collector interest? How much? Any way to know which ASSRA member purchased this #1 action? SN# 132-59822
The one I purchased at auction for $500.00 + 10% (buyers screwing) = $550.00 is chambered in .32-40 Win. with a 26" Douglas XX barrel half octogon/round.
Thanks for any additional information.

RugerNo1
Site Admin

Re: ASSRA Ruger #1

Post by RugerNo1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm

You got a good deal! Only way to find out who the original purchaser might have been is to contact the ASSRA to see if they have/will share that info. Nobody else knows. 100 made, but not highly collectable, in my opinion, as they were Actions Only- and now yours is made up into a rifle. shoot it and enjoy it.
RugerNo1
RCA #72
"I do Ruger No.1 Rifles"
http://www.classicsportingarms.com/

JefferiyMl

ASSRA Ruger #1

Post by JefferiyMl » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Weve all heard about Ruger not taking anymore orders this year
Due to being behind in production..

I have two switch barrel rifles and if the work is done right to start with there wont be any issues as far as keeping the rifle sited in..
Looks like Ruger did there homework and the rifle should work just fine....