Ruger "Two Tone" Bearcat (Blued and Stainless)

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros, and New Vaqueros.
kenfer

Ruger "Two Tone" Bearcat (Blued and Stainless)

Post by kenfer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 pm

I have a new Ruger Bearcat that is half blue and half stainless steel. It has a blued frame, laimiated grips, and stainless steel barrel. The trigger and hammer are stainless/silver color. The stainless steel barrel front sight is blued. In checking with Ruger by telephone a few months ago, the customer service representative told me that there were at least 3 but no more than 10 made that way before they caught their "mistake." He suggested that I write Ruger Customer Service and for a fee of $10 they would document, in writing, how many were actually made and how they were eventually classified (either "factory blemish" or "limited edition"). I did write them 3 times and keep getting a "canned" response that they are moving and restaffing and try back again in a few weeks. This is exasperating!! In the meantime, I did (through much research) run across a firearms dealer that told me he had one and sold it for $2200. While I did pay a good price ($1400), I do believe that if there are less than 10 in existence, it will continue to appreciate and shouldn't have any trouble getting my investment back. Have any of you Ruger collectors heard anything about this particular Bearcat? I think I want to sell it and buy a new Red Label O/U, but am curious if there's any market for it. Thank you. Kenfer :D