Value of a Ruger Single Six RSS5W w/ Factory Letter?

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye and Black Powder Old Army.
SpaceCowby43

Value of a Ruger Single Six RSS5W w/ Factory Letter?

Post by SpaceCowby43 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:48 am

I recently purchased a Old Model Ruger Single Six revolver and, at the recommendation of several post here, sent off to Ruger to find out if it was a Model RSS5W or a RSS5X that was missing the magnum cylinder.
I just got the Ruger letter back and it confirms that my Single Six was issued in 1968 as a RSS5W (Long Rifle Only) Model.
My question now is...How much does it being the RSS5W Model and having the Ruger letter add to the value of the pistol? As a almost mint OM Single SIx with no box, I estimated the value was around $350 even if it was a RSS5X with no magnum cylinder. I have seen several articles stating that verified RSS5W models were worth more but none seem to put an actual dollar value on that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rick

SpaceCowby43

Re: Value of a Ruger Single Six RSS5W w/ Factory Letter?

Post by SpaceCowby43 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Here are a few pics of the pistol just in case it helps someone with my query. I think it is in excellent condition but I am certainly not an expert at firearm ratings.
Thanks.
Rick
Attachments
SS7.JPG
SS14.JPG
SS5.JPG
SS1.JPG