Ruger 1911

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
LimpinLeroy

Ruger 1911

Post by LimpinLeroy » Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Howdy folks! Has anyone gotten their hands on one of the new 1911?? I've read the guns rags......but want to know what the "people" think!

Limpin' Leroy
R.A.T.S. #381

bigbore45colt
Site Admin

Re: Ruger 1911

Post by bigbore45colt » Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 am

Leroy,

I have not yet found one to buy. I've handled a few, one at a local gunshop (it was already sold) and a few were on display by Ruger at the NRA Show a month ago or so.

I was impressed. It felt great, looked good, was tight and right. I am waiting for a few from my distributors now and will definitely keep one for myself and shoot the heck out of it!

BB45C

RugerHound

Post by RugerHound » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I realize this is a very old thread... but since this is a collector forum I thought I'd mention the fact that Ruger is apparently changing to generic "Ruger" boxes vrs the original ones that had "SR1911" on them. (Maybe a Six-Sigma style costcutting measure?) At any rate it might make the earlier boxes with "SR1911" spelled out just a bit more collectable! Looks like the change took place early this year @ some point after ~10,000 made. I've been watching on-line gun sites that feature photos of the actual items and still trying to narrow down when the change took place. Mine was test-fired in early Dec 2011, and I got it Dec 24th with the old style box. (SN 09712)

Oddly, even some of the "1 of 100" engraved series 1911s seem to be coming in generic boxes. (I'd be a bit cross for the money the things are bringing!)

On another topic... I tried some fancy grips on mine, but not sure if I care for them or not. :? Darned nice pistol though!

Best regards,
Pete

Gunsmoke & Gasoline - 45 years ballin' the jack with Ruger & Harley-Davidson

flattop44
Site Admin

Post by flattop44 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm

That is interesting, I saw that they had changed the box the same way for the LC9. I am still waiting on my SR1911. Those grips look pretty good....are they Ruger produced?
Bill

RugerHound

Post by RugerHound » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 am

flattop44 wrote:That is interesting, I saw that they had changed the box the same way for the LC9. I am still waiting on my SR1911. Those grips look pretty good....are they Ruger produced?
Bill
Yes Bill.. I ordered the grips from Ruger... Ended up with two sets so if you need a set let me know! (Darned on-line ordering!) I think they are the same grips that come on the engraved run of 100. Haven't had one of the fancy ones in my hand yet, but they look the same in photos.

Best regards, Pete
Best regards,
Pete

RugerHound

Post by RugerHound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, I splurged out of insatiable curiosity with a dose of stupidity thrown in for good measure, and will have one of the 1 of 100 in my hands in a week or so. (#152) If the grandkids hang on to it long enough after I'm gone, they might actually be able to sell it for what I paid for it! :cry:

It's got the 'old' style box & white lettered gun rug as well.
Best regards,
Pete

Zecpull

Post by Zecpull » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:34 pm

I have a SR 1911 I bought in 2011.. I Love it, and it has made a Lot of my shooting friends respect Ruger a little more. My gun has a very very good trigger, and it is a very accurate pistol. I have never thought mine might be " collectible" although it does have a 4 digit serial number.. I will post a Picture hear as soon as I figure it out.

flattop44
Site Admin

Post by flattop44 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Pretty easy to post pics here, you do not have to go through a host site like PhotoBucket, etc. You get 'em directly from your computer files.

Click "Reply" to a post.
Scroll down below the post window and see the "Browse" button.
Click on Browse and it takes directly to your computer files.
Select the picture you want to post and "Open" it.
It will show up as a .JPG file beside the Browse button.
You can choose to add a comment or not to the picture.
Click on "Add the File" and it will be put in a box beside "Add Inline".
Place your cursor in the post box where you want the pic to show up.
The click on "Add in Line".

Hope this helps!

FT44

JefferiyMl

Ruger 1911

Post by JefferiyMl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:18 am

This is my first Ruger pistol but I have handled a few and I agree that it is not as nice as other rugers. One chamber is sticky and the cylinder is rough to install compared to others. I hate to get rid of it since my wife bought it I dont want her to stop buying me guns and also due to the fact that it will probably be tougher to trade off, but I will keep looking.

link