Ruger Mark II Consecutive Serial Numbers

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
squirrely1

Post by squirrely1 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello. I collect ruger MK II 22s And would like some opinions. The exclusive models.....like Davidsons....Lipseys...ect....the ones you dont see alot of....If a person could find one say from the mid 90s like the MK678GC or the MK512GC in consecutive serial numbers would they be worth a premium someday as collector pieces?

squirrely1

Re: Ruger Mark II Consecutive Serial Numbers

Post by squirrely1 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:09 pm

It should also be noted that the only Ruger Mark II guns that I would be interested in collecting like this are new in box everything included and factory shipping carton. this may change things.

rugerguy

Post by rugerguy » Thu May 07, 2015 7:48 pm

we have found over the years that when a "new" gun can be bought, even ordered as "consecutive serial" numbers, the value down the road is NOT as much or as great if you had tewo old models that you in time have put together as consecutive numbers, harder to do and the value is always greater I used to have to pay a $5 premium ( extra) to Davidsons for consecutive serial numbers...it used to be said that the premium of tewo guns consecutively numbered the premium was 50 % of one gun added on, how true that is today, I wonder,,,,,I know we have NEVER been able to receive a "premium" let alone at times even get book value,,,they have to be scarce, rare, mint shaped and boxed, better yet, the shipping sleeves also,then you have a "winner"
Dan T

NRA Benefactor

squirrely1

Post by squirrely1 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:51 am

Well thanks. I think when the guns are 50 years old if u have one in the condition you were stating it will be worth something in consecutive down the road then.

DDavidtenlyMEN

Post by DDavidtenlyMEN » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Looks like a nice one.В В  Love the easy take-down.В  I think its time for me to invest in a Ruger.