Ruger Standard 6" RCA Edition

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
valvestem

Ruger Standard 6" RCA Edition

Post by valvestem » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm

I brought home a Ruger Standard 6" RCA today. With original shipping box, original red Ruger cardboard box and manual. The gun has never been fired. Seemingly bought and put away. Sold through Swanton's Rexall Drug store in Vermont, the distributor was Hansen and Company also of Vermont, both still in business.

John C. Dougan
Site Admin

Re: Ruger Standard 6" RCA Edition

Post by John C. Dougan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Good for you, those are really nice pistols, I have owned several of them over the years, but alas, I would get into trades for revolvers and away they would go. I wish I still had at least one. There are several different Special Offering autos, I recall The Chamber Seal and The Red Barn issues, someone help me, what are the others?

Hansen was a Ruger distributor; since Jay Hansen was the co-founder of the RCA the Special Offerings would naturally be received and shipped out from his store which is located about a half mile as the crow flies from the Lacey Place factory in Southport, CT, where most Special Offering pistols and revolvers were actually made until Lacey Place suspended manufacturing in the early 1990s. And, Hansen is located in the opposite direction about a half mile from the Old Red Barn factory. Hansen is located in Southport, CT and has been in the same location since 1972.

Your gun would have been sold to an RCA member and shipped to Swanton's Rexall Drug store, who would be an FFL and could transfer the pistol to the new owner.

valvestem

Post by valvestem » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you for the information, and apologies for not getting back earlier. I have yet to fire it, probably will not as I have many others to use. I like the idea of having something like this with a history. Thank you again.

valvestem

Post by valvestem » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Since I acquired the RCA Ruger Mark pistol, I have indeed only cleaned it and put it away. It is the only Ruger Mark I will not use as it is special to me. And having it makes me feel special to have the honor.