Food for thought on Harrisburg Show

A place for people to discuss upcoming shows, ask questions about the shows, post pictures of displays, etc...
Tenpoint

Food for thought on Harrisburg Show

Post by Tenpoint » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Not to stir the pot or step on anybody's toes, but just some food for thought here:

I've been reading about the big Harrisburg Sportsman Show that is coming up soon and is now being run by NRA. From the looks of things, this promises to really be a big event this year. Many firearms manufacturers and custom shops will be on display and will surely draw many enthusiasts and collectors. Massive numbers of people will be drawn to this week-long event.

Membership is the lifeblood of any organization like RCA. Especially younger members and new collectors who could carry on the legacy. I can't help but think a RCA display at an event such as this could pay huge dividends for us as an organization down the road.

Could we consider moving the regular annual RCA Display Show to this venue, at least for one year, to give it a try? Or maybe do both events, although that might be pushing it for those who have to travel a great distance to attend.

Tenpoint

Coogs

Re: Food for thought on Harrisburg Show

Post by Coogs » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Evidently I've missed this, When is this Harrisburg sportmans show? The RCA Harrisburg show is usually in March. What are you then talking about? Wouldn't mind knowing, Jack.

Tenpoint

Post by Tenpoint » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Coogs

Post by Coogs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Isn't that the same show last year that was boycotted and then cancelled because the promoter didn't allow any "black rifles"??? Got a lot of national attention. Personally, if it the same show, and the same promoter I wouldn't elect to be there by any means. MY opinion is that if you believe in the 2nd it involves ALL firearms, if you disagree with their existence or not, doesn't allow you to pick and choose between different type of weapons, JMO Jack.

Tenpoint

Post by Tenpoint » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Yes, the former promoter was anti-gun. They've since given up the rights to the show.

The NRA is now the show promoter/sponsor and they really know how to run an event of this scale. Almost 1,000 vendors already signed up.

Should be one of the best, and biggest, event of it's type east of the Mississippi!

Imagine the exposure we could get for RCA...

Ruger might even have a booth...

Check out the website.

Coogs

Post by Coogs » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:56 pm

If such is the case about the promoter change, I'd agree with you. Matt just posted on RugerForum.com that he RCA Harrisburg has also been sold, new promoter also. It is March 22 and 23rd. May not happen this year but may be food for thought for the future, JMO, Coogs.