44 MAGNUM SUPER BLACKHAWK VALUE

This forum available to non-RCA members to ask questions about the Ruger Collectors Association or a Ruger Firearm that you own.
Larrycruzen

44 MAGNUM SUPER BLACKHAWK VALUE

Post by Larrycruzen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 am

I have a Ruger 44 magnum Super Blackhawk that I bought new in the early 1960s. It is still like new, except for minor holster wear near the muzzle. I am currently away from home for the next month, so I can’t get the serial number. Can I get some idea of its worth?

Larry Cruzen

John C. Dougan
Site Admin

Re: 44 MAGNUM SUPER BLACKHAWK VALUE

Post by John C. Dougan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 am

Hello Larry,

This sounds like an early version and may be worth more than those made after 1963. There are many, many factors to consider on the early Supers, therefore we'll need more details. Did it come in a mahogany case or a big white cardboard case? Or, did it come in a black two piece box. The packaging is very important on the early Super Blackhawks. Do you have the original box/case? When you get back home, please let us know the serial number and at that time we will advise of the other details when you have it in your hand, then we can give you an estimate of the value. Photos will really help as well.

Regards, John