Bisley???

This forum available to non-RCA members to ask questions about the Ruger Collectors Association or a Ruger Firearm that you own.
huskerbob

Bisley???

Post by huskerbob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm

OK........I don't know a lot about Rugers. I own and enjoy shooting my Single Six .22 but that's about the extent of it. Would someone please educated me on what a "Bisley Ruger" is please??? I've tried to do some searches on the internet but that seems to just turn up more "Bisley Rugers" but not much info on what exactly makes a Ruger a Bisley.

I'm just trying to learn and any help will be appreciated!

Bob

Coogs

Re: Bisley???

Post by Coogs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 am

Ruger Bisleys have a different grip frame and hammer(maybe the trigger also)............other than that they are pretty much a Single Six, Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk with those items' changed out. Some like the Bisley frame as it has a much more pronounced curve to it. Coogs.

huskerbob

Post by huskerbob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks! always fun to learn something on these forums!!

John C. Dougan
Site Admin

Post by John C. Dougan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 am

Named after the shooting range where the British National Rifle Ass’n had held matches since 1890, the Bisley was a target version of the Colt Single Action Army (SAA) and the Bisley name was the model designation and it was marked Bisley on the side of the barrel.

The primary difference is the grip frame is more slender and longer and curves inward to facilitate a more natural pointing condition when aiming.

Ruger designed their version and included it in the New Model Blackhawk lineup, and then to the Vaquero. The grip frame profile is the only significant difference.

huskerbob

Post by huskerbob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks John!

PS: enjoying the manual............thanks!