Personal Ruger memorabilia uncovered...

All Memorabilia
RugerHound

Personal Ruger memorabilia uncovered...

Post by RugerHound » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I had quite a sentimental journey just a short while ago. My lovely wife came to me with a surprise this morning as she was doing a major cleaning job in the gun room. (We're making room for a much larger (huge) new safe) In a pile of my old personal stuff out of a box that hadn't seen the light of day since the late '80s, she discovered an old brown envelope from Ruger addressed to my late father containing manuals for my '66 Blackhawk, my original .223 No. 3, my original NR-9, and Dad's '70 model S-47 (All of which I still own today). I never received any paperwork with any of the guns, so Dad must have written to Ruger and requested copies. Darned if I remember him doing that though.

Also were the bills of sale for the No. 3 and the NR-9 which I couldn't buy over the counter at the time since I was visiting from Ca., and didn't have a current Maine driver's licence. I gave Dad the money and he made the purchase OTC for me, and then signed them over afterward. I paid $125 for the No. 3 in Aug of '84, and $140 for the NR-9 a month later the same year.

Also, she found the scope mounts we'd bought for the No. 3 but never got to install since Dad died not so long after that. The scope mounts are still in the original package and the price was $1.75 believe it or not. It was our intention to scope the the No. 3 for silhouette shooting the next time I got home for vacation. Dad was going to get dies for handloading, which he loved.

There's more 'stuff' to dig through, so heaven only knows what else will float to surface!

Best regards, Pete
Best regards,
Pete

Gunsmoke & Gasoline - 45 years ballin' the jack with Ruger & Harley-Davidson

flattop44
Site Admin

Re: Personal Ruger memorabilia uncovered...

Post by flattop44 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Oh man, I love hearing stories like that! It sure is fun digging through stuff and going back in time!! I love those prices too!
Bill